I began making pottery full time in 2000 at Box Hill Institute of Tafe. I have since been working in various studios and I am now setting up my own studio in Castlemaine. I have exhibited in various group exhibitions in Melbourne, Sydney and Alice Springs and held my first solo exhibition in 2004.
My recent range of pottery was made in the spirit of early Australian colourful pottery.
Each glaze has been hand blended with natural oxides, copper, iron and tin, which in the firing process become the luminous colours of the morning sea and sand.
Each piece has been hand thrown on the potterís kick wheel, using traditional techniques and tools from master potters.
The range is designed to be used in the home or to be presented on a special occassion. It is available at various galleries, retail outlets and the occasional soiree.
- Clay Pans and Pots, June Marriott Gallery, Alice Springs
- Easter Teapot Exhibition, The Studio @ Flinders
- Bendigo Teapot Show, Bendigo Gallery
- Fruition, Victorian Ceramic Group, Danteís, Fitzroy
- Memberís Show, Territory Craft, Alice Springs
- Xposed, Northcote Pottery Kiln Gallery, Northcote
- Stockyard, Mataranka Art Gallery, Mataranka
- Vessels, Territory Craft, Katherine
- Next Wave, Ceramics Art Gallery, Sydney
- Upstarts, Ignition! Ceramics Conference, Bendigo
- Red Hot! Graduate Exhibition, PreView Gallery, Fitzroy
- 100 Cups, Fitzroy Gallery, Fitzroy
- life, Spencer St Tram Stop, Melbourne
- environment, Monash University, Switchback Gallery, Gippsland
- Unprocessed-reprocess, Adelaide Fringe Festival
- Wedding, 40 Vases
- Annie Goeke Womens Lunch, 40 cups
- Adult Beginners on the wheel, Territory Craft
- School Holiday Program: handbuilding and wheel throwing, Territory Craft
- Special Projects: handbuilding, Acacia Hill School (Disabled School); Crocfest, Indigenous Festival
2005-6: New Enterprise Incentive Scheme, Australian Government
2004: Australia Council Small Grants Program